Friday, August 7, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Maybe I should go skydiving or something
Friday, April 10, 2009
I wake up a robot and put on glasses, hypothetically searching for a clarity that eludes me. My programming kicks in and routine replaces life. Work, eat, imitate interaction, sleep....a repetition of monotonously mundane actions that in their very essence mean nothing. There's no Operating System for life. Simply a red flashing light and an error message that reads "Can not compute".
I'm happy for Melissa. But just once I wish I could see her miserable. That's horrible. I'm a horrible person. Also, the way that that sounds isn't completely what I meant. I meant that Mel is always so happy that it hurts to see that I can't have that same happiness. I can try all I want, but I can never find peace or joy. It sucks. Seeing Mel miserable would have some sick justice to it. As it is, I just smile at her happiness while secretly cursing the universe. I put on a mask for the world and grin while I hold back the tears and force myself not to feel. Force myself to be metal and hardware and electrical wiring.
Can not compute.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
1. How old will you be in five years? 24. I'll be able to buy alcohol and gamble. Can you say Vegas? .....not that I would do that....
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? My mom, brothers, and grandparents.
3. How tall are you? 5'7 1/2"
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? Being able to sit on my roof at night and look at the stars without freezing to death. Also, quitting the job I hate
5. What's the last movie you saw? The movie Madagascar 2. Oh my gosh so much funny
6. Who was the last person you called? Lonny. He's handicapped and can't set up a computer by himself.
7. Who was the last person to call you? Lonny. He's handicapped and can't set up a computer by himself.
8. What was the last text message you received? "It's complicated, i know. Sorry haha." From Kody's girlfriend kristi
10. Do you prefer to call or text? Usually text because there's less pressure, but i HAVE to call lonny every night before bed.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night? Reading jokes on some weird website and writing an email to Danny in Japan
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced? Married
13. When is the last time you saw your mom? Right....now. Oh, I looked away. And....now.
14. What color are your eyes? Green. I used to think they were blue. Melissa was the one who told me they weren't in high school. My little brother walked up to me 3 days ago, put his face 2 inches from mine and said, 'wow. you're eyes are green.' Thanks for that, captain obvious.
15. Do you own slippers? Yes. Inevitably I get a pair every Christmas.
16. What are you wearing right now? An oversized gray hoodie, maroon scrubs and slipper sock boots
17. What is your favorite christmas song? Um....angels we have heard on high i guess. It's the only one I can think of.
18. Where is your favorite place to be? Anywhere that I can cuddle with lonny.
19. Where is your least favorite place to be? Work. Hands down, at RadioShack.
20. What is one of your pet peeves? Being ignored or when my brothers choose the worst possible times to scream and sing loudly off key.
21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years? Probably alone, still stuck at RadioShack...and maybe I'll have a dog.
22. Do you tan or burn? Burn like a lobster
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? Have you ever seen Dante's Peak? The part where the grandma wades through the acid water to rescue her family and her legs get practically burned off? I used to dream she'd come back alive out of my floor and crawl over to me and drag me down to hell with her. I was a sadistic child.
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh? My grandma. She's a freakin nut. Crazy Canadian.
25. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2 1/2. My laptop sorta acts as my television.
26. When did u last get in an argument? Um...probably with Lonny about something. I'm always overreacting. Oh, actually, it was with a co-worker. I made a mistake at work and she turned it into some big thing. She's kinda a biotch.
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer? Laptop. I'd die without it.
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on? Depends on how cold it is in my room and my mood
29. What color are your walls? Boringly white. I wanted to paint them red, but my parents won't let me.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with? 1. It's real down and so comfy
31. What is your favorite season? Hm...I love them all for different reasons. Probably summer though because it's so dang hot.
32. What do you like about fall? The weather is cool but not too cold and the colors are beautiful
33. What do you like about winter? Snow storms and the whiteness. Everything looks pure.
34. What do you like about the summer? Sunshine, swimming, and barefeet
35. What do you like about spring? Perfect weather and my wardrobe is perfect for spring
36. How many states have you lived in? Just 1
37. What states have you lived in? Utah
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet? Socks. I almost never take my socks off. I like walking barefoot in the sand or in freshly mowed grass, though.
39. Are you a social person? I used to be. Now I'm really shy and withdrawn...unless I'm with Mel.
40. What was the last thing you ate? My mom's special dump cake. Yummy.
41. Have you tried escargo? Once in ninth grade when we went to Lacai (sp?) for an etiquette class. It was gross. And don't let mel tell you it wasn't that bad. She puked it up in the bathroom.
42. What is your favorite ice cream? Maggie moo's cotton candy mixed with yellow marshmellow and oreos.
43. What is your favorite dessert? I don't know...there's lots of yummy food out there.
44. Have you drank a Shirley Temple? I have no idea what that is. As far as I know, Shirley temple is a little girl with a pouty face who dances and sings her way through life.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich? Homemade strawberry
46. Do you like Chinese food? On occasion. And I usually just get chow mein and sometimes the beef and broccoli
47. Do you like coffee? I tried it once and it was really gross. But i also tried frozen coffee and it was better...i'm just not a fan of hot drinks.
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average? Uh.....3 ish?
49. What do you drink in the morning? Milk. What else do you drink in the morning? Oh yeah...coffee....
50. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed? left side...or right...depending on how you're looking at the bed.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
You're free to leave me...
I recently discovered the movie Moulin Rouge. I wish I had found it years ago, but I never saw it even when people told me I should. The title of this post is a line from one of the songs. He sings 'Why does my heart cry? Feelings I can't fight. You're free to leave me, just don't decieve me and please believe me when I say I love you.' If I hadn't lost my poetic flair, I would've written words just like this. My relationship with Lonny is...complicated. We talked about breaking up, but I think we stayed together out of fear and sheer hatred of loneliness. He is my best friend and the one that keeps me sane, but he hurts me a little bit each day. Sometimes I wish he would just pretend to love me. Just to humor my lonely fantasies. The other day we went on a picnic because in almost 2 years of dating, we'd never been on an actual picnic before. So we're laying on the blanket watching the clouds after eating and Lonny says he has something serious to say. He tells me that he's not sure he should say "I love you" because he's not in love with me. Now, I know we've talked about it before, about how we know we're not going to get married (trust me, I long since gave up on romantic dreams) but for him to just say it so blatantly that he just doesn't love me and never did while I'm trying to bask in the sunlight stung. I tried to play it off like it didn't have any affect on me, but it really kinda sucked. I do feel like we're more like best friends with benefits more than anything romantic, but it still hurt to hear it. And then tonight, I read this on his blog:
I decided not to break up with bri. after long talks about what i dont like about her and what she hates about me and both of us trying to change for the better, i realized that she makes me happy. I still am strong in the fact that we wont get married, but for now, while i have no interest in seeing anyone else and while marriage is the furthest thing from my mind, i dont see any harm in being with her.
So not only is he telling everyone that there's a lot of things he hates about me, but that 'there's not any harm' in being with me as long as he doesn't want to be with another girl. Not even really that he wants to be or that he loves me or that he can't see life without me, but that it couldn't hurt. It couldn't hurt his pocketbook either. I feel like I'm desperately throwing money at him as some pathetic-beyond-belief attempt to convince him that he needs me. It's sad that I hold on to all these fairy-tale delusions of love as some weak effort at keeping up hopes that I never should've allowed myself to imagine anyway! Every relationship I've had that hit a year failed and failed miserably. Why, why in the name of all that is good and holy, did I permit myself to hallucinate about things that I will never have? Why would I allow myself to dream when I know my dreams will always turn out to be nightmares?...Just don't decieve me.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
This is all my fault. And the sudden clarity of it all suffocates me.